Medication Shouldn’t Be Confusing
MedsCheck is a program that allows you to schedule a 20 to 30 minute one-to-one meeting with our pharmacists to ensure that you are safely and appropriately using all types of medication. Think of it as a comprehensive medication review. And it´s free! Just bring your health card. The MedsCheck appointment is your chance to discuss how your prescription, over-the-counter and alternative medications may be affecting each other.
During this one-on-one meeting, you will have an opportunity to learn about your medications and medical condition(s). As part of this service you will benefit by:
- Gaining better understanding of drug names, strengths, adverse effects and usage instructions. This may include over-the-counter and/or herbal medications.
- Understanding the benefit of taking your medications as your Doctor has directed.
- Investigating strategies to manage any adverse effects or issues surrounding the medications you take.
- Discussing other resources available to educate you and support your continued good health.
Over-the-Counter Medication Consultations
Discuss any of your medication or clinical needs with us.
Minor Ailment Assessments
Pharmacists are able to prescribe for certain minor ailments. We will need to speak with you to determine the best course of action. the following is a list of conditions that pharmacists can prescribe for:
- Acne, mild
- Atopic dermatittis (eczema), mild-moderate
- Callouses and Corns
- Cold Sores
- Contact Dermatitis
- Diarrhea (non-infectious)
- Painful menstrual cycles
- Fungal infections of the skin
- Headache, mild
- joint pain, mild
- Muscle pain, mild
- Oral fungal infections
- Oral ulceration
- Sleep disorders, mild
- Upper respiratory conditions (such as cough, nasal congestion, sore throat), mild
- Urticaria, mild (including bites and stings)
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Warts (excluding genital and facial)
Prescribing for Preventable Diseases (i.e. Vaccinations)
Smoking Cessation Consultations
Helping you quit smoking for life..
It’s never too late to quit.
Health benefits (courtesy of Health Canada)
If you stop smoking, within:
- 20 minutes – your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal
- 2 days – your sense of smell and taste begin to return
- 1 year – your risk of smoking-related heart disease or stroke is cut by one-half
- 5 years – your risk of heart disease is the same as someone who never smoked
- 10 years – your risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half
Ask us about our programs:
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Referral to other helpful resources
- Personalized Action Plan
Blood Glucose Meters and Training
Compliance (Blister) Packaging
Compliance Packaging – Medication Made Easy
Over 50% of us do not take our medications as directed. To help alleviate this problem, ask us about our medication packaging solutions.
A compliance package is a weekly card that contains 28 separate clear bubbles called blisters. Our pharmacist will fill the blisters with the right medications to be taken at the prescribed times. All you need to do is push out the medications through the seal. Once your dispill is empty, your pharmacist will provide you with a new one.
Using a compliance package has been shown to greatly reduce medication errors by eliminating the confusion that surrounds questions such as when, how many, and at what time to take your medications. Each blister bubble corresponds to a specific time frame during the day. If you have problems remembering to take your medication or can’t remember if you did, you will immediately be able to tell just by looking at the dispill. It helps you or your caregiver monitor your medications. Gone are the days of trying to sort out which medication to take and when. Please contact us for further information.
Prescription Extensions, Adaptations and Emergency Supplies